Mar 26, 2013

My Dogs

Hi Guys & Gals, this post is about my dogs..

I have a pure breed Golden Retriever Female named Maddy and a Chihuahua/Dachshund/Terrier mix Male named Judea. The back story of how I became the proud owner of each of these dogs will be told starting with Maddy------>

I was turning 10 years old and had been wanting a dog for the longest time and my mom ended up getting me a dog named Hannah but she was over protective and some what aggressive, so then my mom found pure breed Golden Retriever puppies for adoption from a breeder and so we went down there and I got to choose the pup I wanted and I chose Maddy..You may ask how did she get her name, well I'll tell you.. I've always been a huge fan of the movies Air Bud aka Buddy and I always wanted a male Golden named Buddy but instead I got a girl and switched around a couple of the letters and named her Maddy after Air Bud. Now Maddy is about to be 10 yrs old on May 1.

Now I'll talk about Judea...
I have been living out in TX for about 3 years at the time and I was wanting another dog and decided to adopt a pup from the Houston SPCA and so I went to HoustonSPCA.org and looked at dogs they had for adoption and I saw 2 dogs I was interested in adopting... I first met with a dog that was a mid to big size dog male and then I met with this small Dachshund/Terrier Mix breed dog named Turner and that dog today is named Judea and the SPCA said he was Dashchund/Terrier mix but he looked like he had Chihuahua in him via his face/ and his pointy right ear or is it his left.. and I know a Chihuahua when I see one and so Judea has Chihuahua in him for sure. He is now 2 yrs old and will be 3 in December..

I had another dog named Shadow who was mine and my mom's family dog, he was a 15 1/2 yr old toy poodle black. and he was a good dog but was old and had a lot of medical problems and so this past November 23, we made the hard choice to put him to sleep which we did and it tore us apart inside, for me that dog was not just a dog but my lil brother you know and so I cried myself to sleep for about 2-3 weeks straight and even now I still cry sometime over him as anyone would of course. some of the memories I share with him is he once peed on me at the vets office, bit my mom on her butt while she was trying to help me get my foot lose, he would always get up around 12 AM or so to get a drink, he would always scratch on the door if he wanted in, he had a bell on his collar and that sound would always jingle and his park and he had a bad cough and so that I remember well too. When Shadow was a pup my aunt and I would get a blanket or something and drag it on the floor and he would get on it and start humping it lol.. he always loved to give kisses so his nicknames were Black Boy, Licker or Licrish or how ever that candy is spelt and then also Yoda because when he was groomed his ears always reminded me of Yoda from Star Wars the green dude.
Shadow was born April 23, 1997-November 23, 2012. R.I.P Shadow Boy Peacock. your always loved and missed.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Now dogs come with  huge job.. I'll walk you through how to care for them..

Dogs/Pups need a lot of work!!

Dogs need exercise daily, fresh water every morning, need to be fed 2 times a day with their food being measured out, need a bath ever week to 2 weeks, daily brushing and if you have a poodle or some other breed that needs to be groomed, they must be groomed every 4-6 weeks to maintain a healthy coat.. Dogs love toys and treats make sure they have plenty of those.. if they don't they may chew up your shoes, socks, pillows you name it they will do it. you should always let your dogs out first thing in the morning when waking up and again before you leave for work/school/or both and again once you get home and after dinner or before bed... take your dogs to the vet every so often to get a basic follow up exam to make sure they are healthy and happy.

that's the basics of caring for a dog.

thanks for reading please comment and follow.
next post will be about hamster breeds, cat breeds, rabbit breed and dog breeds and how to chose your right pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment